Tuesday, May 1, 2012

You Inspire Card

I've been making cards lately to submit in the weekly contests CropChocolate.com has been holding.  I've been pleasantly surprised at the wonderful feedback they've been receiving.  Below is my entry for this week's challenge - create something using a minimum of 2 lines of paper and a minimum of 3 folds and as always at least 1/2 the products used must be from cropchocolate

 The balloon generated a good bit of interest and questions on CC.  Here's how I made it.

I used a circle punch (1-3/8") to punch out circles from a variety of papers.  I then folded them in 1/2 and glued the sides together to form the balloon.

I then punched the basket using the 2nd largest shape from the SU owl punch and trimming the narrow end to make the flat bottom of the basket and inked the edges.

Lastly, I used the yellow topped stick pins from a package of MME embellishments to form the ropes and sand bags.

Note:  If you use a larger circle punch the basket could likely be made using 1/2 of a rounded tab punch.


Products used to make this card included:
Paper from:  We R Memory Keepers Madame Royale, Pebbles in My Pocket's May Bouquet and Basic Grey's kioshi, out of print, basics kraft lines.

Stick pins from My Minds Eye's Miss Caroline line.

Stampin Up Owl and Circle punches, ink and definition stamps.

Purple Daisy Stamps air-balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment